Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Namens islips
Verzonden: dinsdag 6 juni 2006 7:44
Aan: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Onderwerp: [ozmidwifery] ARM at crowning

Happened to see a beautiful delivery over the weekend. Womans 3rd baby came in spont labour and was the most amazingly in control person i have ever seen. very quick ( 50mins ) but no change in contractions ( 5minutely ) and no indication that birth was imminent. Managed to get knickers off - bulging membranes coming first. I was not conducting the birth and the midwife did an ARM. baby crowning at the same time . Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on leaving them intact or breaking them so you have more 'control' over the head ? As i work in private health it is not very often a woman gets this far without someone breaking them for her / or srom.

Thanks

Zoe