Kelly I don’t know of any definitive studies which can show that.  The original work was done 60 yrs or more ago that showed the split was 40/60 for nature/nurture or was it the other way around?  There have been arguments about it for generations.  The area to look would probably be the behavioral scientists.  The underlying belief of many people is that “as you think, so you are”.  If that is rubbish to someone else, then they won’t accept that they can influence or change anything.  A very helpless place to be.(a greater majority of the population).  I can’t remember the author, but “Babies Remember Birth” might be helpful.  It talks a lot of fact about babies foetal development.  I am sure there are knowledgeable people on the list who can help.  MM

Help! Someone started a discussion on my forums about birth and how it shapes the baby as an individual. Of course, everyone thought that concept was ludicrous, think studies and percentages are rubbish and must think I am a quack for thinking otherwise LOL J Can anyone else back me up?! I need some support!!! If you aren’t signed up in my forums, please feel free to, or post here any suggestions or comments.

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=17144

Best Regards,

Kelly Zantey
Creator,
BellyBelly.com.au
Gentle Solutions From Conception to Parenthood
BellyBelly Birth Support - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth-support