To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:07 AM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] VBAC

Hi everybody,

For those of you who were at that wonderful homebirth conference in Geelong last month, you may recall Ina May warning us about women in the US whose uterus had been sutured in one single layer instead of two following caesareans and the problems this poses for future VBACs. When I went onto PN ward, I told the staff about this & they laughed at me and were adamant that it would never happen here in Australia. Our doctors are too well trained. Guess what? I've gone through the notes this week of caesars done last week & this. Two of the women had their uteruses sutured in a single layer. Can't happen here? Just wanted to make you aware it certainly does and is.

Regards,  Gail