Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Fw: PI Insurance - urgent - more interested midwives needed

But Lisa how can the college communicate with people who have no affiliation with the college. They and others are trying valiantly to get the message around and this is why it ended up on this list.  It is and should be personal to you that the insurance is for you but taking it as a personal affront that you didn't receive a personal memo about this fledgling discussion is unreasonable. None of us did. We saw it on the same forums that you have the opportunity to participate in and have followed up on the invitations to participate.
No one is belittling anyones opinion but I got the impression from your emails that you were upset that you hadn't been given more information on what CA was offering and you have the same information the rest of us have at this stage. You are welcome to contact Anne O Connor from CA for more details.  It will be a new way of doing things for all of us but that is what they are offering in return for backing the insurance which no other company since 2003 has been prepared to do so of course they are going to want something in return.
Keep an open mind and don't get mad at the very people who are fighting hard for this on all of our behalves.
Andrea Quanchi