From: diane
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] re birth story

That's right Janet, i know these online communities exist for those who seek them out or find them. What Im looking at is a physical presence in the community, where people gather, for info, friendship,access to services and advice. I would love granny to be doing her groceries and spot the shopfront and come in for a look at the products then find out about the services and groups etc that are available , then take her info home to her pregnant grandaughter who will share with her friends. I dont really want a retail style thing but a few product lines like slings etc to draw people in. The more in one physical community that are exposed to normal birth, the more the good stories perpetuate.
Di