getting back to birth - I had a great day today!
I had a woman who lives out of town and has had two previous cesareans sections have a beautiful birth at home of a chubby baby girl. After I had experienced a traumatic birth three months ago of a woman who ruptured her uterus suddenly in second stage (in hospital) and a traumatized but recovering mother and baby (long story) I had felt anxious about birth and found myself second guessing myself all of the time. Taking on this woman challenged me to either be the midwife I wanted to be - that is trusting in women and supporting their decisions when they have received all of the information, or allow myself to be engulfed with fear and worry. This birth today was special for many reasons and healing for the mum who was still emotional about her first two sections and desperate for a vaginal birth, but it is I found also healing for me. I supported her and cared for her and didn't let myself get caught up in the potential fear that was hanging around me from my earlier trauma.

Thankyou so much to the SAIMA midwives especially Lisa, Tania, Larissa, Julie, Milly and Rosie - all of you really, who have supported me as I worked through my fears and trauma, the offers of support we so appreciated, thankyou Lisa and Rosie for offering to sit outside the house just to support me, it was great knowing you would do that for me XXXXXXXXXXX
midwives are good to each other
Love Belinda