Kelly said
I did want to be a midwife, but
luckily I was drawn to doing Rhea's Birth Attendant course and I love being with the woman the way I am. I am not ready to become a midwife, the time is not
right with the industry this way...

I'm all for shouting it from the rooftops Kelly. I Also love the woman I am ( and the midwife I am) but as far as I'm concerned I don't work in an industry I have a way of life.

You have the ear of every woman that reads or writes on you site. Go for it tell them all about birth and see how much change you can make. How will a course in lobbying the government help that. These women don't want to hear it. We need to lobby and educate the women. We are really trying here in SA with the Birth matters group, Tania Smallwood and Laureen Newman's WEA course in birth, being visable where ever possible with our stand on birth options.

I don't need to become professional because I feel I already am and the story of the Hare and the Tortoise springs to mind.

Lisa Barrett