To my knowledge (I'm a Hobart Doula), there are 3 Independent Midwives for all of Tasmania, all situated here in Hobart.  If there are Launceston IMs that I'm unaware of, I'd love to know about them (and I'd be delighted if they exist) but I don't think there are.  I can provide contact information for the 3 IMs here in Hobart, though that probably wouldn't help for a Launceston birth.  I also only know of two Doulas in all of Tassie (though surely more must exist!) and I'm one of them! We've got a need for professionals down here.

I hope your niece finds the information and support she needs.