Good morning everyone, I have been reading these last few threads with great
interest, and just wanted to express how grateful I am that this list is here
for me as a student midwife. I remember hearing about women possibly having a
period of no contractions at transition, in the group I attended with my own
pregnancy seven years ago!! But after a year attending women in the hospital
(St Average, as one of our lecturers calls it), it was like a light went on
hearing it talked about again. I cant believe I ever forgot it.It is a fear of
mine that all my faith in normal birth will be beaten out of me by doing my
initial training in a hospital, where most of us are yet to see even one
normal, undrugged labour and birth! Yikes! That's why I appreciate this group
so much, and wanted to let you all know. Regards, Astra.
P.S Lucky me going off to Germany in a couple of weeks for the Midwifery today
conference with Renee. Say Hi if you're there!