Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:33 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] UniSA Students no longer able to attend births with Independant Midwives

Just got this email :(

Any suggestions on what we can do about it?

Dear BMid Students

Please be advised that due to insurance and professional indemity issues you are unable to follow through a woman if she is having her care provided by an independent practicing midwife.
This would include the continuum of pregnancy care, labour and birth and during the postpartum period.
Models of care such as midwifery group practice and the Northern Women's Community Midwifery Service will continue to be a valuable and encouraged pattern of midwfery care for follow through experiences and are not included in this advice.

Regards

Jan
Professor Jan Pincombe
Program Director; Midwifery