From: "LJG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 12:26 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Delaying synto with active third stage

Hi Sue this is something I have always been interested in....the link is to
the FIGo/ICM Joint statement on active third stage and it states you can
leave the cord in a well newborn to stop pulsating...and then cut; this is
with giving the oxytocic at birth......

http://www.sogc.org/guidelines/public/136E-JPS-November2003.pdf

There was also  a paper on delayed cord clamping and its benefits in the BMJ
a few weeks back.....it sites the above statement and promotes a delay in
cord clamping even in active third stage Regards Lisa