-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Philippa
Scott
Sent: Wednesday, 15 November 2006 6:57 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] getting synto etc

Ok I need some more info I guess. I have had some midwives locally say
that
this is a better option to have at home for an emergency. This is my own
birth I am talking about I am not a midwife, I am a doula and will be
birthing unassisted due to the non-existence of MIPP up here, I am
wanting
something on hand for just in case. I have been told Misoprostol is very
effective with few side effects. It will be for me a last resort whilst
waiting for an ambo if things like shepherds purse and eating placenta
do
not work (if I have another PPH). Would anyone be able to tell me a bit
more
about the side effect and why you would/would not recommend it. I am due
in
a couple of months so want to start getting something organized and a
decision made about which way to go.
Thank you,

Philippa Scott
Birth Buddies - Doula
Assisting women and their families in the preparation towards childbirth
and
labour.
President of Friends of the Birth Centre Townsville