  From: Barbara Glare & Chris Bright
  To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
  Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 6:38 PM
  Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] breastfeeding as contraception

  Hi,

  I'm being far more "bah humbug" than I really should be for christmas!
Sorry.  Jayne, I appreciate your sentiments, and realise we are on the same
side.

  But could we please not use "Nazi" in relation to passionate supporters of
breastfeeding?  Most on this list put their heart and soul into birth and
breastfeeding.  The term "nazi" offends me to the core.  I just can't bear it,
and I just don't see the funny side about it.  If breastfeeding supporters use
it, even in jest, how can we expect others not to?  (usually to deride the
fantastic work done by breastfeeding counsellors and midwives)  What new mother
would want to speak to a "Nazi?"  It turns people away from getting sound
advice.

  Off my soapbox now!

  Barb