Hi all,

A woman I am supporting for her first birth has 'heard/read somewhere' about stopping her fish oils supplements if she is post-dates (now 40+9) as this may help bring it on - she has been on fish oils throughout pregnancy  - and I know all about the prostaglandin-like effect of evening primose oils closer to term (and applied to cervix..)

But, I have never heard of stopping the fish oils to help bring on labour..???  I do know the fatty acids are involved in preg/labour hormones production etc etc

Anyone heard of this, and if so what mechanism is this suggestion based on?

Cheers,

Kristin

Naturopath & CBE

• A find engine rather than a search engine - for websites, images, maps & more. Try live.com now! -- This mailing list is sponsored by ACE Graphics. Visit to subscribe or unsubscribe.