Yes! So true. As a permanent P/T night-duty person, I hear the "don't want to get him/her into a bad habit" far too often. I find by night 2/3 they are so tired, they think that co-sleeping is a possibility and I encourage them fully!

Mine still manage to find their way into our bed, and the youngest little possum is 4!! But at least they don't wander in until 4-5am now.

Cheryl

From: "Ken Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ozmidwifery" <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Subject: [ozmidwifery] re co-sleeping
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:27:17 +1100

It's not necessarily the midwives preventing co-sleeping. I often hear 'the
baby's been awake all night. Would go to sleep and wake up as soon as I put
him down.'  When  suggestions are made to co-sleep, they don't want to
"start bad habits".  a lot of women are influenced by their mothers,
partners etc, who don't approve of co-sleeping., thank God the influence on
breast feeding isn't quite as strong as it used to be.  It's strange, these
little ones are expected to sleep on a hard, cold surface after been
snuggled up listening to mum for months. If I remember right a co-sleeping
policy was short and sweet. Mum had to be sedative free, the bedside up and
bed as low as possible.
Ken & Maureen Ward
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<< winmail.dat >>

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search Now! www.seek.com.au http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT