Hi guys,

This is not MOSS-related but is affecting SharePoint users nonetheless.

All our users (internal and external) have been complaining that clicking any
hyperlink (irrespective of the target) results in a blank browser window. I've
tested and can confirm this behaviour. At first I thought something had screwed
up with mime-types but further testing reveals that this isn't just affecting
our sites but any site.

Has anyone else experienced this? Looks like a bad Windows Update (server,
client or both).

I've tried a few fixes but nothing seems to work (except using Firefox of
course!). The only workaround I've been able to provide is to right-click and
select Save Target As. This works for browser links but it seems there's
nothing I can do for URLs (to documents) within emails.

Kind regards,

Paul