From: ozmoss@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozm...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of Paul
Noone
Sent: Wednesday, 3 June 2009 11:20 AM
To: ozmoss@ozmoss.com
Subject: SharePoint ate my hard drive

Hi all,

Does anyone know if SharePoint can be installed on a partition other
than C?

We've run into major disk space issues with our VMS (they were only ever
allocated a 20GB drive). As  a result I've uninstalled non-essential
software, reduced diagnostic log retention and trace log levels. I'm
even looking at creating a new partition for all servers and relocating
any log files that can be moved.

I still don't see this as a long term solution though because its
Windows (and SharePoint) Updates that are the real culprits.

The way I see it we either get some third party software and resize all
the C partitions (unsupported?) or rebuild all the servers with greater
disk capacity and attempt MOSS/WSS installation on a partition that can
be resized.

Would be very interested in hearing if other people have run into this,
what the solutions were, and what general base requirements you'd
suggest for disk size.

Regards,

Paul

Online Developer, ICT