ok this is slightly different so i am not sure if this is related

has anyone ever tried to use this little Publishing tool called 'Check for
Unpublished Items' from site with form based authentication? I am having a
problem to get it to work because it just kept on giving me javascript
error. The site requires SSL and the address is https://testsite.com (our
internal site name)

After tracing the code and web service calls, it looks like it's trying to
connect to https://testsite.com/_vti_bin/PublishingService.asmx however the
response i am getting is always 403 forbidden hence nothing is returned in
the response and javascript crashed.

However when i try it on site with integrated windows authentication that
tool will work with no problem. Does anyone know what's causing it?

Regards

Christian

             Ajay
             <akhanna...@gmail
             Sent by:                  ozmoss@ozmoss.com
             ozmoss@ozmoss.com                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/05/2009 10:55          Re: 403 error on some site
             AM                        collections

             Please respond to
             ozmoss@ozmoss.com

This helped me..

http://blogs.msdn.com/johnwpowell/archive/2008/05/23/sharepoint-intermittent-403-forbidden-errors.aspx

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Paul Noone <