Hi all,

I'm having an issue with email alerts in a MOSS site - basically they are
working most of the time but sometimes it will go through a phase of a day or
two where it just sends out blank emails instead of including the details of
what list item was updated etc. After a day or so it will usually fix itself,
and I found that running stsadm -o updatealerttemplates (with all the
appropriate parameters) and then resetting the timer service appears to resolve
it, but then after another week or so it just starts happening again.

I did post about this on the MSDN forums at
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/2da0fd95-2156-4b9f-a0b2-8107ee470185
 but the only response I got was the updatealerttempaltes idea.

Does anyone else have any clue what might be causing this?

Regards,

Brian Farnhill
Consultant
Technical Consulting