Hi all,

Our sysadmin has become very strict about permissions and service account usage
in our new farm. And fair enough to.

The problem is that currently I can create content databases via CA but then
lack rights to do anything with it (i.e. restore operation) until I'm
explicitly given access.

He reckons he can't see a way around this as the setup user is always given
owner rights to the DB.

Does anyone have a workable solution that will allow me to automatically have
appropriate permissions to all content DBs without having to rely on his
interaction? Is there a 'best practice' around this?

It seems nuts that I can create a database, trash any content via code and
delete site collections - but am unable to perform a simple restore task!

Regards,

Paul
Online Developer, ICT
CEO Sydney