Hi Sezai,

The system account and my personal account are both site collection
admins.

Yet, either way I 'run as', I cannot see pages in a specific site's
pages library pages.

It is actually showing no pages at all. That shouldn't be possible
either since one can't delete/recycle the welcome page of a sub site.

So the only explanation is, and I have evidence, that the pages are set
with exclusive item level permissions.

When trying to create an already existing page (not visible though) the
error page reveals the existence and claims either:

ERROR

The file
"http://##########/de######s/O###E/re####s/#######ge/Pages/######.aspx";
is checked out or locked for editing by #########.   at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.PutFile(String
bstrUrl, String bstrWebRelativeUrl, Object varFile, PutFileOpt
PutFileOpt, String bstrCreatedBy, String bstrModifiedBy, Int32
iCreatedByID, Int32 iModifiedByID, Object varTimeCreated, Object
varTimeLastModified, Object varProperties, String bstrCheckinComment,
UInt32& pdwVirusCheckStatus, String& pVirusCheckMessage)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.PutFile(String bstrUrl,
String bstrWebRelativeUrl, Object varFile, PutFileOpt PutFileOpt, String
bstrCreatedBy, String bstrModifiedBy, Int32 iCreatedByID, Int32
iModifiedByID, Object varTimeCreated, Object varTimeLastModified, Object
varProperties, String bstrCheckinComment, UInt32& pdwVirusCheckStatus,
String& pVirusCheckMessage)

Kind Regards,

Wilson Wampers