Whereas scaling around is just skirting the problem and won’t get you anywhere.
;)

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
ra...@nationalcom.com
Sent: Thursday, 25 March 2010 2:29 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: RE: No. of sharepoint databases in Sql Server

When it comes to scalability, there ideally are two ways to achieve it
1. Scaling up or
2. Scaling out.

Scaling up is normally done to manage volume on a single high performance
server, while scaling out is ideally used to distribute load among multiple
servers, also, with scaling up you add resources to your server, with scaling
out, you add servers to your cluster.

Cheers
Rahul