SystemPage CT has already got the build-in Title field inherited from 'Item'
CT, and this is what is causing the duplicate error.

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:29:26 +1000
Subject: Content Types and SharePoint 2010
From: a...@hobsonator.com
To: ozmoss@ozmoss.com

We have run into an interesting issue when migrating our WSP packages from MOSS
2007 to SharePoint 2010. The issue is in relation to Publishing Content Types.

In the past we have had a Common Publishing Content Type called
CommonPublishingContentTypes which inherits from the built-in SystemPage
Content Type (0x010100C568DB52D9D0A14D9B2FDCC96666E9F2) found in the
PublishingResources Feature.

SharePoint 2010 appears to have introduced a attribute called Inherits and on
the built-in SystemPage Content Type this is set to TRUE. "If Inherits is TRUE,
the child content type inherits all fields that are in the parent, including
fields that users have added."
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa544268.aspx).

In MOSS 2007 we where able to add a built-in field <FieldRef
ID="{fa564e0f-0c70-4ab9-b863-0177e6ddd247}" Name="Title" DisplayName="Title"
Required="TRUE"/> into our CommonPublishingContentTypes and updated the
DisplayName or Required attributes.

If we attempt to do this in SharePoint 2010 we get duplicate fields in our
CommonPublishingContentTypes Content Type for Title.

Ideas?