Interested to hear the groups thoughts on the best way to implement these
search customisations.

Have a library with multiple content types and specific meta data.
SharePoint 2010 standard (but preparing to enable enterprise features) - no
FAST.

Want a search function for the library. Have configured a search scope and
works fine. Now want to customise the search experience.

.         Would like to offer custom filters - both free text and checkboxes
and/or dropdown options

.         Need to customise search results to show additional meta data and
grouping etc.

In MOSS 2007 I set up a similar search experience, using xslt to customise
the search results. Started looking at this in 2010 but it just seems too
complex for a simple solution (maybe I'm just out of practice). The other
option is to customise the search web part/s - but is this overkill? My
other thought is just to create a single web part to perform the full
functionality?

any suggestions or thoughts on best practice?

Maxine Harwood | Solutions Architect

Red Box IT