I like your thinking Ishai, have just tried re-running the wizard, twice
and did a reboot before trying it a 3rd time, no joy I'm afraid.

Any other suggestions.

I'm still leaning to some sort of permissions problem. The Central Admin
site has no styles applied at all it just shows as plain text with links
like style sheets aren't accessible either.

<<image002.jpg>>