I am having a strange issue and not sure how to start troubleshooting.

I am trying to customise the editform for a library. when I go to create a
new edit form in SharePoint designer, I get a message: Could not save the
list changes to the server.

I then tried to copy an existing form and make changes to my copy. I insert
a custom list form for the library in question, and nothing happens? I can
insert a custom list form for other libraries in the aspx page but not this
one. I'm thinking there is an issue in the library? but how do I
troubleshoot this, I can't see anything in the SharePoint logs? any
suggestions?

SharePoint Enterprise 2010 with sp1 and July CU.

any suggestions appreciated..

Maxine Harwood | Solutions Architect

Red Box IT

0410 525 989 | 07 3056 1725 (VoIP)