Hi All,
I have an event receiver associated with a list that performs a number of
tasks. To ensure the tasks are completed prior to the user continuing, I have
made the ItemAdded event receiver synchronous, and have implemented the code
performing the tasks under an SPLongRunningOperationJob. It all works fine,
except that when the user clicks save, there is no feedback to them that the
tasks are being processed. Being an event handler, I have no context that I can
direct to the normal spinning wheel page.
So two questions - one, am I missing something about being able to direct the
users context from an event handler, and two, if I cant redirect them, can I at
least make the cursor change to an hourglass whilst the tasks are being
processed? I imagine I can do this by editing the save form and using some
jQuery to set the onclick property of the save button - but haven't really done
this before (need to get more comfortable with jQuery).
Many thanks,
Nigel