Really depends on how large the new farm is.

Setup a new farm from scratch, do a content db attach to the web apps and
you're "done"

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Web Admin
Sent: Thursday, 2 August 2012 12:35 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: Re-install SP2010 with pre-existing DBs

Hi all,

I was charged with reducing the footprint fro one of our farms by stripping
everything back to one SP server (with separate SQL server).

This meant changing the host server for Central Admin. Unfortunately I received
an error when trying to provision this on the specified box. I tried a repair
of SP2010 but continued to get the same error, so uninstalled.

I'm now re-installing but am not sure whether to use the pre-existing DB names,
or start fresh. Any advice for my SQL admin?

Regards,

Paul Noone

--
SharePoint Farm Admin/Developer