We're working on trimming down what we crawl for our search (Sharepoint 2010,
non-FAST search.)

We've already excluded a bunch of files by targeting irrelevant parts of our
file system.

What else do you guys exclude when crawling file shares? Is it worthwhile
excluding executables for instance? And what do you exclude on? Or does this
save no time really?

Dylan Tusler
Team Lead Data, Development & Integration
ICTS Branch
Sunshine Coast Regional Council
P 07 5420 8002
dylan.tus...@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au<mailto:dylan.tus...@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au>
A Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre QLD 4560
W www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au<http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/>

Please consider the sanity of others before replying to replies to replies to
this email. Sometimes it just makes more sense to pick up the phone.

To find out more about the Sunshine Coast Regional Council, visit your local
office at Caloundra, Maroochydore, Nambour or Tewantin or visit us online at
www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.  If correspondence includes personal information,
please refer to Council's Privacy Policy at http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au
.

This email and any attachments are confidential and only for the use of the
addressee.  If you have received this email in error you are requested to
notify the sender by return email or contact council on 07 5475 7272, and are
prohibited from forwarding, printing, copying or using it in anyway, in whole
or part. Please note that some council staff utilise mobile devices, which may
result in information being transmitted overseas prior to delivery of any
communication to the device.  In sending an email to Council you are agreeing
that the content of your email may be transmitted overseas. Any views expressed
in this email are the author's, except where the email makes it clear
otherwise. The unauthorised publication of an email and any attachments
generated for the official functions of council is strictly prohibited. Please
note that council is subject to the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and
Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).