Hi All,
Does anyone know a way to activate a sandbox solution in SP 2010 without having
the site collection features automatically activated? This project I'm
currently working on will be eventually deployed to SharePoint Online
(multi-tenant) so any farm based solutions are out of the picture.
I have done a bit of testing with various methods of solution activation and I
was able to confirm that activating user solutions from either the UI or
PowerShell will cause the site collection features to be automatically
activated. Activating a user solution programmatically via code however does
not cause the site collection features to be automatically activated. For
example, by using the SPSite.Solutions.Add() method.
I thought I had the answer with the programmatic approach which was working
fine in my test console application but when I moved it to my sandbox solution
project, it doesn't work because the SPSite.Solutions property is not available
in sandbox solutions
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spsite.solutions).
 I've also had a look at the client object model and it doesn't look the
Solutions property is available there either.
Any help or info will be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Raymond