I was going to recommend the same thing but it's risky and depends on how
many users you're talking about.

Personalisation doesn't use versioning and if someone should kill that page
then you're very likely to lose each personalisation instance even after
restoring it. I've not tested this but recall major problems with this.

I'd recommend cross site web parts and My Sites. OR a single dashboard page
that includes web parts with enough functionality to please everyone.

On 24 January 2013 08:25, Shahram Banihashem <shb2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Ajay,
>
> You may allow the users to personalize the pages. So, they can update
> existing pages and the changes will be seen by only themselves.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shahram.
>
> [Sent from my Smart Phone]
>
> On 24/01/2013, at 7:10 AM, Ajay <akhanna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I am implementing a BI solution in SP2010, .
> >
> > One of the requirement is
> > "Users can customise their own page so that they can put
> information/reports/dashboards they use frequently in one place for easy,
> immediate access."
> >
> > One colleague suggested MySites for this.. will this work, as mysites
> will be in a separate web application, will users have access to
> reports/dashboards etc from it.
> >
> > Else I am thinking we let users create a page in the portal and then
> customize it, but don't publish it so only they can see their page.
> >
> > Please suggest
> >
> > Cheers,

Regards,

Paul Noone