Are you getting the dreaded correlation ID error page? We have had the same
thing with sites using list view web parts that previously had no problem.
It's like the underlying schema has changed or become corrupted.

Deleting the web part and adding it back has resolved the problem. But if
someone tries to modify the view on the web part it often returns. Been
driving me nuts.

Regards,

Paul Noone

SharePoint Farm Admin/Developer