When you create you external content type, you can create a profile page
which displays the item properties (metadata). This form is similar to
'View Properties' page. The same form will be displayed if you click on the
identifier field on the External List.

Anyway, the search crawler indexes items and its properties in my external
list with no error. They appear on search results properly. But I need the
crawler to index the associated document to each item as well.

I have exposed the document URL as one of the properties but it seams the
crawler doesn't traverse through the document URL.

Look like the URL appears as text Search Crawler.

Regards,

Shahram.