Hi Shahram,

When I said “fields” type feature I mean that’s actually the name of the
feature containing the field.

.. \15\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\fields

The problem is that the feature doesn’t appear to be specifically activated on
any site so I’m reluctant to just do this.

Let me explain what I mean by the field doesn’t exist:

·         It’s not visible through SP Manager or PowerShell.

·         It is visible in list views and dispforms.

·         It is available for editing via direct URL -
/_layouts/15/FldEditEx.aspx?Field=Modified.

o   I can even update it this way!

But when I trying to edit a CQWP on a publishing page I receive the following
error:

Invalid field name. {28cf69c5-fa48-462a-b5cd-27b6f9d2bd5f}

So I threw caution to the wind and just added it using the AddFieldAsXml method.

Now I’m getting the same error for another field – Created. ☺

Repeat…

Regards,

Paul