From: j...@soulsolutions.com.au
To: ozsilverlight@ozsilverlight.com
Subject: RE: Bing map control - Still showing data when you zoom in too far
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:14:48 +1000

My experience with the MultiScaleImage control (underlying
control in the Map Control) is that all you get is the call for a tile (X,Y,Z),
you supply the URI not the actual image. If you supply null it won’t
render but you would need to know in advance of the request what tiles are not
available.

My server side solution work after the request, detecting the “no-image”
tile based on its unique size in bytes and then supplying the rescaled tile. I
have tried to get something like this to work on the client side with no luck.
If you can find a way to supply an image rather than a URI to the MSI’s
request then it would be possible.

That all said, the default aerial modes have a general set of
regions set that it will use to restrict the tiles returned. The control by
default won’t let you zoom into some areas. However if you have
overridden this for your own custom imagery to be shown I have a neat set of
classes
to let you still use these regions, just ping me out of this List for any code
samples David. I have tonnes of stuff but I’m waiting till the official release
to post it all up.

John.