Know what you mean there. I was implementing Prism by looking at the source
code and writing my own bits with the same names that they used in Prism.
Prism was in alpha at the time. Switching over was fairly easy (mainly
because of my choice of copying that which we ended up using.)

Heck, it's all made up as we go along. Once someone stops and looks for the
common things we're making up, they smack a label on it, call it a pattern
or best practice and then its official. Remembering Silverlight was barely a
whisper three years ago (half my official development career) makes me
realise how fast things are moving still. Wheeee, Silverlight 4 is out this
week and I'm not even sure its hit its third birthday... nope. just checked,
it's third birthday is the 5th of September.

Agreed though, using Prism for a little project would be overkill but it
sounds like its gotten to the size where splitting things up would be of
benefit. You don't have to implement the whole of Prism, just pick the bits
out you want. If you get stuck ping me off list. I wouldn't say I'm an
expert with Prism but if I can help, be happy to.

cheers,
Stephen