Folks, I want to create a sort of screen saver effect where a shape moves
slowly around a control. The path it follows is calculated at start time by
mixing random Sin/Cos functions, then the shape will follow the (x,y)
coordinates of the function over time. It's like a moving parametric plot.

I'm just not sure what coding technique to use for this effect. I'm guessing
I'll need a frame-based animation, which I've never used before. It looks
like it "pushes" events to you and you respond and move your elements, but
it's not clear how you control the timing.

I just want to run this idea past someone who's done it before and can
confirm if I'm on the right track or not. I'll keep reading about
frame-based animations in the meantime.

Greg