From: ozsilverlight-boun...@ozsilverlight.com
[mailto:ozsilverlight-boun...@ozsilverlight.com] On Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Friday, 28 May 2010 4:18 PM
To: 'ozSilverlight'
Subject: Lots of bind/notify classes

Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought
to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over - HAL (2001)

I was wondering if anyone has found a nice way of creating/managing lots of
classes that are suitable for binding and implement INotifyPropertyChanged. As
you know, you have to keep coding properties like this:

public string CompanyName
{
    get {return this.companyNameValue;}

    set
    {
        if (value != this.companyNameValue)
        {
            this.companyNameValue = value;
            NotifyPropertyChanged("CompanyName");
        }
    }
}

You can create a  simple base class to factor out the event, but not much else,
as there is no way I know of to intercept any arbitrary property setter and add
custom processing. Is that right?! Coding the above skeleton dozens or hundreds
of times gets tedious and I'm hoping there's a better way. I did consider using
a T4 generator to spit out the classes, but that's an obtuse way around the
problem and will require extra research time (but I see others have done it
already).

I have dozens of existing classes with dozens of properties and I'd like to use
them for binding, but I'd have to expand every property to be like the same
above, which would be hell.

Greg