Folks, I've just created a hello world WCF web service with basicHttpBinding
which I know is working correctly from URL
http://localhost/PhotoService/Service1.svc.

I created a simple Silverlight 4 app with a single button to call the
service to sanity check it's working. It dies with this:

An error occurred while trying to make a request to URI
'http://localhost/PhotoService'. This could be due to attempting to access a
service in a cross-domain way without a proper cross-domain policy in place,
or a policy that is unsuitable for SOAP services.

Web searches hint that I need a clientaccesspolicy.xml file and they argue
about where it's supposed to be placed (I'm still not sure where). However,
I have other apps like this one I've just created and none of them need a
policy file. I've never created one before. What's going on this time?!

Is there some trick I've forgotten? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Greg