Hi All

We are currently planning a migration of our TFS 2005 server to TFS 2010 and I
have a question about the database collation.  The plan is to migrate the TFS
2005 Instance we have now to new hardware during the upgrade process but the
SQL instances have different collation settings.  The existing TFS 2005 SQL
install has a default collation of  SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.  The new SQL
2008 server that has been built for TFS 2010 is Latin1_General_CI_AS.

While both of these collations are compliant with the TFS2010 requirements I
have read that differences between the server collation and the TFS databases
collation have caused issues. The infrastructure team would like to keep the
new servers collation settings (Latin1_General_CI_AS ) as that is the standard
they have agreed for all servers.

I have read various blog entries and papers talking about collation issues but
have not come across this particular scenario and I am wondering if it is going
to cause issues?
If it will be a problem is there a recommended solution?

Any advice or links to information you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bevan Calliess
Technical Account Manager
F1 Solutions Pty Ltd