Not that it has ever had high traffic as far as I know :)

Here's a little sample C# using TFS2010 client API.

        private string _collectionUri;

        private TfsTeamProjectCollection GetCollection()
        {
            if (Uri.IsWellFormedUriString(_collectionUri, UriKind.Absolute))
            {
                return
TfsTeamProjectCollectionFactory.GetTeamProjectCollection(new
Uri(_collectionUri));
            }

            return
TfsTeamProjectCollectionFactory.GetTeamProjectCollection(GetCurrentDirectoryMappedCollectionUri());
        }

        private Uri GetCurrentDirectoryMappedCollectionUri()
        {
            WorkspaceInfo localWorkspaceInfo =
Workstation.Current.GetLocalWorkspaceInfo(Environment.CurrentDirectory);
            return localWorkspaceInfo.ServerUri;
        }

//http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.teamfoundation.versioncontrol.client.versioncontrolserver(v=VS.100).aspx
        private VersionControlServer GetVersionControlServer()
        {
            return GetCollection().GetService<VersionControlServer>();
        }

//http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.teamfoundation.workitemtracking.client.workitemstore(v=VS.100).aspx
        private WorkItemStore GetWorkItemStore()
        {
            return GetCollection().GetService<WorkItemStore>();
        }

The assembly references you need are:
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.dll
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Common.dll
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.dll
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Common.dll
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.dll

You should be able to find them in
<VS 2010 Installation Folder>\Common7\IDE\ReferenceAssemblies\v2.0
VS 2010 Installation Folder is typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio 10.0