Jason E. Stewart wrote:
Stephen Collyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I've run into a pretty nasty problem with XML::Xerces
when parsing in a CGI script using a SAX2 parser: in brief,
the parser seems to ignore totally any character data in a
document that contains UTF-8 characters.

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I think I know exactly what this is.

While preparing for the 2.6 release I stumbled upon an obvious bug in
the callback handlers - i.e. SAX2 character parsers. They are
transcoding into ASCII by default, and I have not provided a way to
override that, so everything will get tossed.

Right. That wouldn't explain why the parser only fails in a CGI
script though, would it ? I seem to have no problems in a command
line environment, though I'm baffled as to why.

Stephen, could you send an example file and a short program that
demonstrates the problem? That would make it even simpler for me to
test that things are working as they should.

Sure. I'll put together an LWP based sending script, and a corresponding
CGI script, together with a command line script that works OK.

May be a day or two till I do it though.

Thanks for the rapid response.

--
Regards

Stephen Collyer