Hey All,

There hasn't been much activity on the list for a while, so I thought
I would create a little excitement.

Xerces-P has officially merged with Xerces-C as a sub-project. This
means that as of version 3.0 Xerces-P will be part of the Xerces-C
source and binary builds (it is already available via SVN).

This makes the building of Xerces-Perl *much* easier. I hope that it
will also eliminate the issues with version mismatches between
Xerces-C and Xerces-P.

User Visible Changes:
==

Because 3.0 is a major version increment, I have decided to make a few
imcompatible changes. Perhaps the only one that will really affect
people is the breaking up of the HUGE Xerces.pm into sub-modules.
Currently, there are only two: XML::Xerces, and XML::Xerces::DOM -
this means that any non-DOM application won't need to load all the
DOM-related code on startup, which makes loading significantly faster.

The classes  names have stayed the same:
* XML::Xerces::XercesDOMParser
* XML::Xerces::DOMNodeList
* XML::Xerces::DOMImplementation
* etc...

But to use the DOM API, instead of:

  use XML::Xerces;

your code must be written:

 use XML::Xerces;
 use XML::Xerces::DOM;

which I felt was a pretty modest change. Currenly, there are still
some unit tests failing, but as soon as these are fixed I would be
happy to make a release candidate for people to test.

Happy Coding!

Cheers, jas.