Hello,

Upon parsing an XML file with the Xerces DOM parser, there may be times when I want to recreate and eventually print the XML of a particular DOMNode, as well as it's parent entities. Other than piecing together the XML string as I traverse the structure, is there any Xerces function which would allow me to print out only the DOMElements/Nodes leading to a particular node from the root of the document?

As an example, assuming this is my XML:

<fruit>
  <description>
    <name>banana</name>>
    <color>yellow</color>
  </description>
  <description>
    <name>strawberry</name>
    <color>red</color>
  </description>
</fruit>

If for instance, I wanted to print out all of the XML related to the banana, and end up with a result like:

<fruit>
  <description>
    <name>banana</name>>
    <color>yellow</color>
  </description>
</fruit>

Are there any existing functions which can do this, or do I need to piece it together on my own?

thanks!
-lev