P2P locality seems to me a red herring since most major ISPs:

* have markets in several countries and geographic areas
* lease physical facilities or IP networks from and to other ISPs; a very
complex mapping
* keep their L2 and L3 network maps and leasing costs very secret for
competitive reasons.

Having worked many years for a leading ISP with global reach, I guess
locality would have seemed hard to define to our team.
Unless the p2p protocol measures the latency, bandwidth and the number of IP
hops itself.
I have not seen any protocol that can also measure ownership of links by
ISPs and numbers of hops between ISPs, their $$$ costs and populate the
routing table with such metrics.
Please share if you know such a technology.

Henry