----- Original Message -----
From: "dennis menace" <e.kaba...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 5:45 AM
Subject: [p2p-hackers] Streaming A / V / Text Encryption Methods

> I am looking for real-time encryption methods/protocols for streaming A /
> / Text data. I plan to build an app similar to Skype and since Skype
> doesn't
> really reveal much about its security architecture, I'm looking for
> ingenious solutions.

Just as well, Skype's solution is only arguably secure, it is based on RC4,
and my well established opinion is that RC4 should have been retired at
least 12 years ago, add in that the size of RSA keys they have chosen makes
the security extremely suspect, all told it is at best a marginal design.

> Any suggestions/help would be welcome.

First suggestion would be to read the replies you received when you first
posted this to sci.crypt. To quote Paul Rubin's response:

IPSec supports udp natively, I thought.  There is also a version of
TLS for UDP.  See:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4347

That pretty much answers it directly.

> The question is, HOW can we use IPSec to secure UDP data communication???
> (since using TCP to transport A / V data would cause huge latency
> "delays"..
> So SSL is also out of question...)

It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. There are many, many,
many different purposes to encryption, combined with the many different
concepts of how p2p should behave and the possibilities for what you are
asking are effectively endless.

> Also, I'm looking for suitable forums/IRC channels to discuss the topic
> more. Could the people here suggest me some???

Your post to sci.crypt delivered a useful answer, you even replied to it.
                Joe