I remember hearing about this client a while ago:

        http://oneswarm.cs.washington.edu/

Checking the download page it looks like the project was active as of
August of this year:

        http://oneswarm.cs.washington.edu/download.html

Does anyone have experience using this app?  I've also CC'd the
developers; are you on this list?

In particular, I'm curious about its "backwards compatible" support for
BitTorrent.  It states that it doesn't anonymize your BT behavior (it,
it's not a Tor replacement).  But does it do anything clever like first
search the OneSwarm network of friends for the content, only falling
back to BT if it's not available?

(At first I was thinking it was an anonymized read-through BT caching
layer but that doesn't seem to be the case.)

Always curious for new tech and I'm glad to see the project is still alive!

-david