Valerio Schiavoni wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Loic Dachary <l...@dachary.org
> <mailto:l...@dachary.org>> wrote:
>

>     I will reveal my ignorance: what is an "adversary model" ?
>

> Simply define what a malicious user could potentially do to break your
> system.
> Sniffing packets/blocking packets/subverting routing/message-bombing
> the network/...the list can be as long as you want.

I get it now, thanks.

>     A user finds the answer to question Q by sending a request to the DHT
>     node responsible for Q (the question Q is hashed into a DHT key). A
>     malicious node may try to impersonate the node responsible for Q and
>     return an answer that is irrelevant.
>

> Maybe you should look into sybil-attack resilient DHTs.
It looks like the original suggestion of Ludovic Courtès to watch the
https://gnunet.org/ GUADEC presentation was relevant. My understanding
is that it focuses (maybe not exclusively) on techniques to resist to
Sybil attacks.

Thank you all for these hints. I will keep going in the direction you
showed. I hope to report the results of my efforst on this list, eventually.

Cheers