On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, coderman wrote:

> what effort is ongoing in this regard?  i'm curious to know how
> aggressive caching / distribution using query streams to any not just
> self affects the latency and bandwidth of typical PIR requests.

I'm not aware of any deployed systems that actively make use of PIR, but
percy++ is an implementation of Ian Goldberg's PIR algorithm:

http://percy.sourceforge.net/

Radu Sion has also done some excellent work on advanced PIR algorithms;
they're included in Lipmaa's extensive list of PIR papers in the academic
literature:
http://research.cyber.ee/~lipmaa/crypto/link/protocols/oblivious.php

Other libraries include Dan Boneh's cPIR library:
http://crypto.stanford.edu/pir-library/

--Len.