> You're talking about using a "cut out" here. That carries with all of the
> issues it does in the physical world.

Sorry if I've misunderstood, but in the physical world, wouldn't the publisher
be able to identify the cut out, who could identify the source? What I'm
suggesting is that the source should try to remain anonymous to the redactor
(possibly without success), and the redactor should try to remain anonymous to
the publisher (with a greater chance of success, since both can be trained in
the use of anonymity tools).

It's not a silver bullet of course, just a way of working around the problem of
training all possible leakers in the use of anonymity tools.

Cheers,
Michael